- OCFS2: Oracle Cluster File System (for generic use)
- ASMLib: Automatic Storage Management feature of the Oracle Database
- RDS: Allows multiple reliable datagram socket operations between two nodes to share a single connection-oriented connection
- BTRFS: New scalable file system focusing on fault tolerance, repair and easy administration.
- A full list at http://oss.oracle.com
Part of this commitment, is also the improvement of the Virtualisation technology inside the Kernel. Oracle provides a full Virtualisation infrastructure based on Xen and a user space software stack for it’s management. I would invite you to read this interesting blog post from Wim Coekaerts about two new features already available into the mainline Kernel which are making the VM stack rock: